Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Reviews

More reviews are starting to trickle in, with the general consensus being that people loved the musical elements and performances, but weren't sure about the production. The NYTimes writer seemed to like the whole package, though, as you can read here. It is a general review of the entire weekend at Tanglewood - Seiji Ozawa's Gala Sunday night, the opera, and the two BSO concerts - but there is also another beautiful picture. When the summer is over, I will most certainly be rewriting my bio to include some of these quotes!

I will be bringing home a recording of the opera, and will send copies to anyone who would like one. But if you can't wait until then, New York's WQXR will be broadcasting the recording this Saturday at 1pm EST. They have a live stream from their website, so those of you with modern machines should be able to listen with no problem.

This evening I'm singing on a vocal recital for Tanglewood on Parade; all the singers are scheduled to sing one song each, folk songs of the US and Great Britain. It will a great concert to have a recording of, since all my fellow Fellows will be represented. A good momento, not to mention a resource for neat folk song arrangements! Erik will be in attendance, and afterwards we are having dinner with my sponsors, Pearl and Alvin Schottenfeld. If the weather holds, Erik and I will then head back to the Tanglewood grounds for the 8:30 BSO/TMC joint concert, which ends with the 1812 Overture and fireworks. One of my favorite things about Tanglewood (and I am not alone in this) is sitting on a blanket with a bottle (or two!) of wine, under the stars, listening to one of the best orchestras in the world. I want Erik to have that experience, too, but Mother Nature my have a concert of her own to give tonight. I'll let you know...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...