Thursday, September 30, 2004

The Entry

As you can see, it’s been six weeks since I posted last. In that time, I spent a last wonderful week at Tanglewood, returned home to a happy husband and a rainy city, jumped with both feet back into life as a freelance singer in Seattle, gotten a dog, and – this is the big one – experienced that moment dreaded by bloggers everywhere: the loss of the perfect blog entry.

My blogging mentor-of-sorts, Chiara, told me that every person who blogs long enough experiences this, that every blog she has read has an entry like the one you are reading now. You can imagine: you spend an hour or so putting your thoughts “on paper” (as it were), taking the time to really get everything right, so your reader will understand exactly how you feel (in this case, my joy at being home and my thoughts an another Tanglewood summer). Then, you click on the “Post” icon and… gone. Blogger has claimed another witty, perfect entry.

I’ve been encouraged now, by people who know these things, to write all my entries in Microsoft Word, then copy and paste them into the Blogger form. I did this all summer when I didn’t have internet at my disposal, and never lost an entry; I should have stuck with what was working.

I don’t really know who is still reading this, but I’m going to try to get back in the habit of posting. Even if the blog stays mostly in the “here’s what’s going on in my music career” vein, I think there will be some interesting things to write about this coming year.

I’ll keep you posted…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...