Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Once again, to NYC

I take off tonight for a quick three-day trip to New York, this time for the Liederkranz Foundation competition. And, as usual, some QT with my niece! It’s a bit ill-timed, as we are moving into our new apartment this weekend, but, hey, what can you do. I’ve boxed up and toted over many of the essentials – linens, dishes, pantry items, not to mention my shoes! – so all that’s really left is the furniture. Erik will have lots of help, so I’m pretty sure it will go smoothly. Joel even thinks we’ll be finished before the Seahawks playoff game! We’ll see about that…

It’s a pretty low-stress move, since we don’t have to out of the house completely until February 10. We want to get settled before that, though, so we’re moving in now. Next week I’ll finish packing up the house with all the things that are going to storage – non-essentials like china, lots of books (but not all), tools. All the home-owner stuff that we won’t need while we’re renting. Hopefully we’ll be homeowners again by May.

That’s all for now! Happy New Year, if I haven’t said so already. Hopefully I’ll post next week with good news about the competition…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...