Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Something New

This year, something new is happening: companies are contacting ME, asking me to audition. It feels so strange. I’m sure it has everything to do with my summer at Santa Fe, but sometimes being able to divine the reason for something does little to dispel its mystique.

Every singer dreams of the day when she can stop auditioning. In reality, that day never truly comes, or, if it does, it comes for a very select few. But it is nice to be reaching a point where my name and voice and, hopefully, reputation as a good colleague are starting to do some of the legwork for me. Notice I said “be reaching,” not “have reached;” we never get to the point where we can stop actively promoting ourselves. But I’m beginning to see that the job gets a little easier with more (good) experience under the belt. And, it’s important to remember that these are only requests for auditions! I still have to convince them to offer me a job

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you set up your met audition yet?

Anonymous said...

Great party. This is good visual evidence of what a great party it was! The table has earned its place. Love you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...