Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And we’re back...

I’ve been thinking about getting things going here again recently, so when Tomness tagged me for a meme and Ariadne left a comment on the same day last week, I took it as a sign. I thought I would use this meme to give you all some idea of what’s been going on with me these days, where I’m headed, what I’ve been working on (and continue to work on) both in my personal life and “in concert.”

• I am rediscovering my spiritual path, making huge strides in my professional life, trying to embrace Life’s joy and pain in equal measure, and separating from my husband.
• I am not at all sure what the future holds – where I’ll be, who I’ll be with, what I’ll be doing. (Besides singing. That’s the one thing that is an Absolute these days.)
• I want to live an honest life, both with myself and with others.
• I wish we (people in general) knew better how to express our pain/anger/sadness and how to respond to people expressing those emotions, how to move through them and help others move through them.
• I hate people who complain about something but don’t do anything to change it. (“Hate” is maybe too strong a word…)
• I love having a job that brings joy to other people.
• I miss seeing my family and close friends everyday.
• I fear that I will return to living an unexamined life. But they say fear is a powerful motivator…
• I hear the incessant pressure washing of my OCD neighbor.
• I wonder what life is like in parts of the world I haven’t seen. Especially places where war is a reality, or where peace and tranquility are encouraged as a way of life.
• I regret not being more open to friendship in the past.
• I dance whenever possible.
• I sing along with indie rock cds in my car.
• I cry when my feelings are hurt, when I am touched by something divine, and every time I hear Brahms’ Violin Concerto No. 3 in d minor.
• I am not always wearing appropriate footwear. Most of the time I am. But not always. And I always regret it…
• I make with my hands complicated needlework designs like this one, a project I have been working on (on and off) for six years.
• I write to help me find my true voice.
• I confuse wants with needs.
• I need to be more disciplined: musically, spiritually, financially…
• I should get more aerobic exercise. (More? Let’s start with some.)
• I start a lot of books, but I finish very few.
• I finish the Wednesday NY Times crossword puzzle and most mid-level sudoku. And every dessert put in front of me.
• I tag Melissa at Les Histoires de Moi and Chiara at Ampersand, although I don’t know if she does memes. But I guess that’s up to her, isnt’ it?! I also tag anyone who feels like working through this thought-provoking exercise.

And there you have it. I'll be keeping the details of my personal life private; this blog is about my music (mostly). Thanks for reading and caring, and thanks for coming back!

I have a couple more entries brewing, glimpses into the musical adventures of the past two months. But the big focus for the next week is getting ready for the summer in Santa Fe. Packing, cramming Carmen choruses into my head, and putting the finishing touches on Noemie. All while doing my best to stay present here at home (and always here in the moment…) and find the best way to move forward. Conscious, aware, active not reactive, manifesting my life. Here’s to the future!

6 comments:

Princess Alpenrose said...

Yay, hooray for you and this Path you're on!

A long time ago friend of mine, who had suffered much in her life & started her own little business drawing/writing poems, making & selling her own greeting cards, wrote this once:

"Even though God may send you along stony paths, you may be sure he will also provide you with sturdy shoes."

(I just noticed the appropriate footwear reference in there, too.)

Be of good cheer, best you can, know that we love and support you no matter what.

I consider you a friend (one who always answers e-mail). And, yes, okay, I'll consider myself tagged...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the time away has been fruitful. good for you. Onward, indeed

Anonymous said...

so Glad to see you back! best wishes for the path you are traveling - you sound solidly aware and ready to handle what is in your future.

looking forward to hearing from you in santa fe!

Judd said...

Glad to hear that this period has been so spiritually rich.

I'm very much looking forward to working together in the near future...

Be well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to see you back! I hope you continue to fill us in.

If I'm reading your blog correctly (?) I'm sorry to hear about the separation. (Perhaps I'm misreading, as no one else seems to see it that way, though.)

All the best to you --

rb said...

welcome back! so glad to see you wearing your blogging shoes

(hug)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...