Monday, May 29, 2006

Ok, one more picture.

This is Sonny, my parents’ year-old boxer mix pup. (Yes, named after that Sonny.) He is an absolute doll, a 70-lb lap dog who is scared by the wind; whines with longing for the cat, who won’t give him the time of day; and fiercely guards my mother when she’s out in the front yard. Yesterday I spent some time singing through Carmen, and Sonny was very concerned! He sat at my feet and cocked his head (see above), wondering about these strange sounds emanating from my mouth. Was I in pain? Did he need to go for help? After a few minutes, he decided I must be ok, and he started singing along! A lovely, rich baritone to go with my soprano scales and arpeggios. KD never cared to join in my practicing, so it was nice to have some canine accompaniment!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's one cute dog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...