Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow!

I love the smell of snow. As I walked out of the airport tonight, it hit me: that crisp, clean smell of winter. I lived in wintery climates most of my growing-up years - Maine, Illinois, Utah - and the light winters of my adulthood in Georgia and Seattle never really measured up. NYC has so far been a wash in the winter department (save one good storm last year), so despite my earlier whining, I’m happy to be in the snowy Midwest.

Flying into Grand Rapids through a soft pink sunset, looking at the beautiful white-blue snow, I found myself wishing I had brought “play in the snow” clothes. Of course, I don’t own any, but that’s beside the point. I just might have to borrow some good boots and a waterproof coat and some gloves… there may be a snowball fight in the near future…

I’m settled into my rooms in a lovely house, complete with wireless internet and a humidifier. Just like home! Except much bigger… And apparently there’s a frozen lake right outside my window; can’t wait to see it in the daytime! Had dinner tonight with my Count and Figaro and our director, and now I’m off to bed before rehearsal tomorrow!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

good luck, acb!! I LOVE snow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...