Monday, October 15, 2007

FriPod bonus edition: For the Birds

I’ll accept Patty’s challenge for the playlist, although I really have no classical music to add to Scott’s great list. Unless, of course, you consider anything sung by me to be applicable!

I’ll represent the Eclectic Pop study group. We can compare our results against the Classical group and the Control group see who the happier birds are.

1. Bird on the Wire, Leonard Cohen, The Best of LC
2. Birds, Over the Rhine, Eve
3. Bye bye blackbird, Joe Cocker, Sleepless in Seattle soundtrack
4. Songbird, Eva Cassidy, Songbird
5. Caged Bird, Alicia Keys, Songs in A Minor
* 6. Bird Gerhl, Antony & The Johnsons, I Am A Bird Now
* 7. Birdless, The Innocence Mission, Birds of My Neighborhood
*^ 8. The Bird, Charlie Parker, Bird: The Original Recordings of Charlie Parker
*^ 9. Between Roof & Bird, Henry Sparrow. This is a friend of a friend, so I don't know the album, or if there is one, but I love this song. (He does appear to have an album that fits the theme, though: Bird Songs. Check it out.)

Artists: The Dixie Chicks
Andrew Bird (particularly his album: The Mysterious Production of Eggs in the Night Time. Seriously, what more could those biddies want?!)

* Also eligible under the “Album” category.
^ Also eligible under the “Artist” category.

3 comments:

Em-Cat said...

I've always loved "Birdland" by Manhattan Transfer..."Down them stairs, lose them cares - where? Down in birdland..."

ava said...

I laughed out loud at Dixie Chicks. It's too perfect! The only pop song I can think of is "Mockingbird," but there are quite a few classical ones that come to mind. "The Linnet and the Thrush" and "Sweet Bird" - both Handel. "On mighty pens the eagle soars" - Haydn. And perhaps anything conducted by Andrew Parrott... Why is it all early music?

abner said...

I offer two for your consideration. First, a possible theme song for ACB: Surfin Bird, with the classic lyric, "a-well-a bird, bird, bird, the bird is the word." For the complete lyrics, which are quite complex, please see http://www.rockabillyeurope.com/lyrics4/s0130.htm.

Second, for a different take on things avian, check out "The Bird," on Eddie from Ohio's cd "This is Me."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...