Saturday, November 25, 2006

The MetBlog

I just came upon the blog at the Met's fancy new website! Simply called MetBlog, it is currently a joint effort by various people involved in the new Tan Dun opera, The First Emperor. I had to do a little digging to find out who some of the posters are, but it seems there is a wide range of departments represented. Suzanne Mentzer (didn't have to search for her!), a mezzo performing in the opera (can't find her role); Steven Osgood, an assistant conductor; and stage directors Peter McClintock and Eric Einhorn. I'd love to hear from some orchestra members, too.

Maybe they'll be interested in the writings of a lowly Young Lover/First Novice?

2 comments:

Maury D'annato said...

I can't help but think, to my endless disappointment, that Mentzer pulled out of the production. I don't see her listed in the cast lists on schedule. I do see Michelle DeYoung, and thought maybe she's replaced Menzter, which is weird, since they're not much the same kind of singer.

ACB said...

No, she's there: The First Emperor. She's listed down on the dates, along with DeYoung. It sounds like her part might be smallish. But she's there! Can't wait.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...