Friday, November 10, 2006

One more blog for the roll - make that two

I thought about including this in the list of new blogs on the Blogroll a few days ago, but left it off because I wasn’t sure how “public” the writer wanted to be. So when he wrote to me yesterday saying “I’ll link to you if you’ll link to me,” I figured it was ok!

Welcome, Nick at grecchinois! I have appreciated his honest emotional writing, and hope to follow in his example. I’m gaining the courage these days to talk about the harder things as they come up, and as the blogging world gains more and more singers who are willing to do the same, like Nick, I think the job gets easier for all of us. Group therapy!

And speaking of therapy, I’ve mentioned a few times here that it’s been a part of my life for a while now. (I’ll defer from making the point, again, about how I want to help take the stigma off of therapy and those who use it…) Today, after four years, I had my last session.

My therapist agreed with my assessment that I’ve reached the goal I set out for myself: living my life in truth and with control. Acting, not reacting. Being honest even when it’s hard, even with myself. It felt a bit like graduation, our last session. But bigger. I’ve graduated into my Life.

** Edited to add another blog I've been reading for a while: Coloratur…aaah. Almost daily posting from a major YAP (young artist program). All of these new blogs are listed in the short blogroll on the sidebar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I have always stayed away from "commercial " theatre and you will too. the challenge of doing a role for 8 shows a week, 52 weeks a year? I love and respect you, but I don't think you would "keep it up" either. Enjoy the fact that you do what you do, at most every other night, and for a brief run. It allows you to be the artist you are and want to be. Even if you sing the same roll again and agin, it is with a differnt cast, director, conductor, production, etc. Really can't compare... I have seen many productions in regional venues that far outshine Broadway for this reason. Broadway is a machine. It's Disney. You are blessed to be in the artistic world you're in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...