Wednesday, May 16, 2007

FriPod: Mother’s Day Edition

(aka “Better late than never!”)

It’s been a few weeks since I actually had anything in my iTunes library to contribute to FriPod, so I was happy that this week’s topic turned up so much. Even a few “classical” pieces, for once!

1. Mamma Mia, ABBA, Gold
2. Does your Mother Know, ABBA, Voulez-vous
3. Mama Says, Billy Pilgrim, Billy Pilgrim
4. Goodnight to a Mother’s Dream, Nanci Griffith, Flyer
5. Decatur, or, Round of Applause For Your Stepmother!, Sufjan Stevans (who else would have a title like that?!), Come On Feel the Illinoise!
6. Mother, Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes
7. Mothers of the Disappeared, U2, Joshua Tree
8. Senza Mamma, O Bimbo, Tu Sei Morto; from Suor Angelica by Puccini, performed by Victoria de Los Angeles
9-12: Selections from Amahl and the Night Visitors, original cast recording of the NBC Television production:
Oh, Mother, you should go out and see!
Don’t cry, Mother dear
Amahl… Yes, Mother?
I walk, Mother

The first and last two groups of songs (ABBA and Amahl) were regularly on the Bird Family Playlist when I was growing up (I think I knew all the words to the Voulez-vous album by the time I was 10), so there is something fitting about this list!

I love you, Mom! Thanks for helping me love all music!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...