Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Like butter

I’m happy to say that I can finally reveal the designer who will be dressing JD and me for the recital: Nadia Tarr, the Brooklyn-based designer of the butter by nadia label. I first saw the Signature Wrap Dress in the window of a boutique near M&E’s house in Park Slope, and I drooled over it for about six months before I finally went in and tried it on. As soon as I did, I knew it was the perfect dress to wear for the Trittico afterparty! A special dress for a special night, right? I splurged and bought it, selecting a plummy satin that was ultimately paired with gold open-toe pumps and a soft pink rose for the (all-too short!) party. (Ok, even though the post-pin-curl hair is terrible, here’s a pic from opening night, pre-rose…)

I was thrilled when Nadia agreed a while back to talk with me about providing us with dresses for the recital. JD wants to buy another one to take on her upcoming Dueck Three concert tour to China, and I want to try on a couple more of the styles in the collection, so she already has us as customers! In fact, we’ll be stopping by her studio in Red Hook, Brooklyn, on Friday night (a preview of Saturday’s sample sale…) to take a gander and do some purchasing. I think I need one of these for summer… And I’m thinking of getting one of the longer “ball gown” style versatile wraps for the recital. Just look at all the ways it can be wrapped! I’m hoping to find a cream or some other soft color – peach? periwinkle? – not too bright for this one, and not black, either.

You can check out the whole collection (and purchase online, too, if you don’t live near enough to Brooklyn…) at bennyandshaw.com. I freaked out a bit when I saw that picture of Naomi Watts wearing “my” dress on the homepage! I guess Ms. Tarr is doing very well!! I’m even more excited that she has agreed to collaborate with us. Hopefully JD and I will have some time to take some pictures of us in our dresses sometime before she jets off to China and I leave for Wolf Trap. Soon, maybe we’ll be the ones featured on the website!

1 comment:

eusebius said...

Who knew you were such an evil shopping enabler ;) That dress is really fine! Looks like it might hide a few figure flaws too (not that you have any to hide) ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...