Saturday, July 14, 2007

FriPod: Mind, Thought, Hear

(I’ve made up Scott’s FriPod lists for the past few weeks but have never gotten around to posting them. Today’s seems fitting somehow, I can’t really say why. I keep these on my iPod as playlists; it’s fun to see your music thrown together in different ways. Enjoy! Oh, and I’ve replaced “Thought” with “Think,” ‘cuz I didn’t have any songs with “thought” in the title…)

1. “It’s all in your mind,” Beck, Sea Change
2. “New York State of Mind,” Billy Joel, The Essential Billy Joel
3. “Speak our minds,” The Innocence Mission, Glow
4. “She’s already made up her mind,” Lyle Lovett, Joshua Judges Ruth
5. “In my own mind,” Lyle Lovett, My Baby Don’t Tolerate
6. “It never entered my mind,” Rodgers & Hart, performed by Miles Davis
7. “Never mind,” Nancy Griffith, Little Love Affairs
8. “How does it feel? (to be on my mind),” Over the Rhine, Patience (I.R.S.)
9. “Always on my mind,” Pet Shop Boys, Discography
10. “Never you mind,” Semisonic, Feeling Strangely Fine
11. “Don’t think twice, it’s alright,” Joan Baez, Ring Them Bells
12. “Don’t you think,” Natalie Imbruglia, Left of the Middle
13. “What do you think?” The Sundays, Blind
14. “Hear me Lord,” Bonnie Raitt, The Best of Bonnie Raitt
15. “What do you hear in these sounds,” Dar Williams, End of Summer
16. “I hear you say so,” Innocence Mission, Glow
17. “Let’s hear that string part again, ‘cuz I don’t think they heard it all the way out in Bushnell,” Who Else but Sufjan Stevens, Come On, Feel the Illinoise!

(I seem to have a lot of “Best of” albums...)

2 comments:

Maury D'annato said...

Oh, Glow is such a wonderful album. Jeez. Takes me back to...1993?

Anonymous said...

Apparently I need to start listening to the Pet Shop Boys. So many of my gay friends love them, and I hear references to them more and more. Any suggestions for the first album to listen to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...