Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Wolf Trap Picture Pages

Sorry, guys, but I seem to have hit a writing slump. I’ve sat down to write almost every day for the past week, and nothing comes together! So, picture pages it is.
The cover of our Wolf Trap indie rock album. Actually, taken backstage at the Aria Showcase concert. We look like we’re just too cool for school.Jim, our fearless improv leader and bringer of such now-beloved games as “Big Booty,” “Zip Zap Zop,” “Yes, And…,” and “He said, She said.” We got to see him in action with his improv comedy group (former group, actually, as he now lives in Florida), and let me say: this is one funny man.Working with a high school singer at the anti-masterclass. We talked a lot about freeing up, not being stiff when you sing, and LB instructed her in the ways of French nonchalance…Instant Opera! Today we put on “The Happy Dragon,” which told the story of a wizard and a princess who galloped in the woods until a dragon came along, and which included such moralistic gems as “Material things can’t bring you happiness” and “Leave only footprints, take only memories.” So much fun!Tonight’s dinner: polenta with spicy peppers and onions. Actual cooking (as opposed to grazing or eating out) inspired by my blog crush…
While I do miss the breath-taking Santa Fe sunsets, I see some beautiful ones from my little retreat here.

More soon, I hope, as this writer’s block wanes…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, darling.

Anonymous said...

I must agree with cec. I've said it before, but I *love* the new hair (well, new for me). You've got the voice AND the look of an opera singer. Nice. :)

Sarah said...

You made that!? OMG, you're going to have to come over and cook for me. I offer you timeshare of a pool and a very large cat in return.

SMB said...

big booty, big booty, big boooootay! oooooh, big booty! (who doesn't LOVE great theatre improv games?)

Anonymous said...

Another adorable dress! Where's this one from?

And your ponytail withstands weather very well, too.

Anonymous said...

Wait, it appears to be a twist, NOT a pony!

Three hairdos in one post - you are impressive.

ACB said...

Thanks, all!

SSeal: While the hair can certainly do "opera star," I much prefer the messy "rock star" look these days. Air guitar and messy hair...

Mme A: This is the same green dress from the pin-curl hair post. As for the hair, see above! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...