Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The first

Last night I had my first official Susanna stress dream. I was at rehearsal for Barbarina, with this cast and this conductor, when all of a sudden they were calling me to stage for Susanna! I ran to my bags to pull out my text cheat sheets, and I was followed by TB, a pianist I knew in Santa Fe. He said, “Well, it’s kind of rude to use those, so just hide them in this notebook. If you say it’s your rep book (meaning, the book that has all my audition arias and miscellany in it), people won’t mind.” Umm, ok. That doesn’t really make any sense, but hey, this is a dream!

I kept saying, “But I have two months until I have to sing Susanna! I’m on a good track, right? I’m where I should be in terms of preparation at this point?”

Oh boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...