Saturday, December 03, 2005

Partners

 

We've come a long way, baby!

I forgot to mention in my Met audition post that afterwards, JD encouraged me to go shopping. To buy myself something to commemorate the day. "Even something small," she said. "This is an important day."

So I decided to walk from Lincoln Center up to the 72nd Street subway stop and see what shops along the way caught my eye. Barnes & Noble, a madhouse. A kitchen shop? Not really fitting, somehow, although I love kitchen stuff. Then, across the street I saw Ann Taylor. If I had to choose one store to shop in for an extended period of time (can't bring myself to say "for the rest of my life!"), I think it would be Ann Taylor. Classic, elegant, luxurious. I'd need to supplement with a few trends here and there, but I think I could make it work.

In I went, and they had an entire room full of sales racks. With just a little searching, I found what might be the perfect pair of pants. Black wool, well cut, tone-on-tone stripe with a bit of shimmer. And on sale! But the real find was a lambswool/angora boatneck sweater, dark grey, with a leaf-trellis pattern in the knit. When I put it on in the dressing room, I looked in the mirror and immediately thought, "This will always be the sweater I bought the day of my first (successful) Met audition." It should suprise no one who knows me that tears came to my eyes. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...