Friday, December 23, 2005

The Bloggy Year in Review

I borrowed this meme from Mental-Multivitamin, who borrowed it from someone else, as is often the way of these things. Take the first sentence of the first post of every month of the year. Here are mine:

January: Andrea Gruber, a soprano who we heard at Seattle Opera last spring as Minnie in La Fanciulla del West, is talking publicly about her struggles with drug addiction.

February: In our new apartment, I have an office.

March: Well, my first Queen of the Night is in the books!

April: I haven’t posted in the past couple of weeks because I’ve had too many things to write about and not enough time to write about them.

May: WARNING!! Serious tech talk within.

June: Where to start?

July: I’m still here!

August: Tonight we have the second performance of Ainadamar, which opened strongly on Saturday.

September: I arrived back in Seattle late last night, and boy, does it feel good!

October: Having friends from The Summer here in my home was at once delightful and a little bizarre.

November: The Manolo, he has discovered the joy that is Osvaldo Golijov.

December: Sorry to take a while to get an update here!


It was amusing for me to see which posts started with excuses or apologies! Not surprisingly, they were the ones from months where I was very busy traveling, rehearsing, auditioning, etc., which are the main topics of the blog! I need to stop apologizing for doing those things and just write about them more.

To more writing – and traveling, rehearsing, auditioning, etc. – in 2006!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow! What a year you've had! I hope 2006 is just as exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...