Monday, February 07, 2005

When a singer gets sick


This is what happens when I try to do too much. Serious illness! Well, not serious in the big-picture-sense, but enough to relieve me of my voice for a few days. A cold that started as a tickle turned into a full-blown chest and head cold. Thanks to Zicam (and many other wonderful drugs), it is moving quickly, and I feel much better today than I did yesterday. Yesterday I was phonating around C below middle C! Cool for an effect, but not practical.

I need to get back to bed. I'll get back when I can and tell you about all the things on my plate that have gotten me to this point! All good, all fun, all taxing in their way. As my good friend and fellow musician said, "I'll tell you, kiddo, we're just gluttons and we keep doing it because we love it, no? But when the log jam comes, we sometimes wonder..." Don't I know it.
 Posted by Hello

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...