Tuesday, April 24, 2007

FriPod on Tuesday: Random 10

This week’s look at the music library, via Musical Perceptions: the first ten listings on the Party Shuffle, pulling from the main library.

1. “Flamenco Sketches,” Miles Davis, Kind of Blue - 1997
2. “One of Us,” ABBA, Gold - 1995
3. “Should,” Over the Rhine, Eve – 1994-96
4. “You Remind Me of Home,” Ben Gibbard, Home, Vol. 5 - 2007
5. “Long Line of Pain,” Amos Lee, Supply and Demand - 2006
6. “Poison,” David Byrne, The Catherine Wheel - 1996
7. “Radio War,” Iron & Wine, Our Endless Numbered Days - 2005
8. “Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye,” Leonard Cohen, The Best Of - 1998
9. “Miss Sarajevo,” Luciano Pavarotti, Bono, Pavorotti & Friends Together for the Children of Bosnia - 1996
10. “Bullet Proof…I Wish I Was,” Radiohead, The Bends - 2005

iTunes has gotten me back in touch with so many cds that I hadn’t looked at in years! To have something like “Miss Sarajevo” - which I haven’t listened to since, oh, 1996 - come up in my shuffle is like a little present! A litte trip back in time to when the song or cd was in constant rotation on my boom box… To that end, I’ve added a year to most of the above songs, indicating when it fit into the soundtrack of my life.

I’m off to the café to finally write about my weekend! I imagine I’ll write out EVERYthing, then edit it a bit before posting here. ‘Cuz there’s a lot… I don’t feel like my head stopped spinning until yesterday…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...