Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back to work

Today is my first day of Figaro rehearsal! It’s the second day of actual rehearsal (there was some musical rehearsal yesterday), and yet we’re spending the day today with the orchestra. Yep – Sitzprobe on day 2! I talked with a friend who is singing in this cast (“Sitz with no music rehearsal – fun!”), and we decided that they must figure everyone already knows the show! I’m sure it has more to do with scheduling the orchestra, but the timing is unusual. I’m excited to watch Hei-Kyung Hong and Isabel Bayrakdarian, and I can’t wait to see my cadre of friends who are singing and covering the show.

Again, it feels like the first day of school. I had lunch in the Met cafeteria last week with MP, and the feeling of “new season” was all over. There were lots of big hugs and “how was your summer?” and “welcome back!” When I came in through the stage door, I was greeted by the security guards and receptionists with smiles, and I was happy to see them, too. Coaches, singers, other staff, even the cafeteria staff – we had all returned. Back to work after a “summer holiday.”

I’m only called for the afternoon, which will rehearse Acts III & IV. I’ll be following along with every scene, of course, starting my Susanna Recon Project (yay! new acronym! SRP!), but paying closest attention to tempi and phrasing in Barbarina’s scenes.

Can’t wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're back in your element! Have fun -- we can't wait to be there to see you "at work"! M&D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...