Tuesday, July 27, 2004

no internet

So I'm at an internet cafe in Pittsfield, trying desparately to restablish connection with the internet!  What a mess...  My phone stopped working as my modem, so I can't connect at home any more.  Then I decided to come here and pay for internet access.  (Turns out, if you have your own set up, it's only a $2 connection fee; if you use their computers, it's $2 for 20 minutes.  Grrrr....)  I have two entries that I've written in the past few days, and all I want to do is upload them.  But, alas, I skipped over the page where I was supposed to enter the encryption password - and I can NOT find it again.  I can't even find the page that allows me to change networks.  So I'm paying out the nose to use their computer, and I am beyond frustrated.

And tired.  Today will be the sixth day in a row of 6 or more hours of rehearsal, and I'm about at the end of my rope.  The opera is great, but I don't know where I'm going to find the energy for this afternoon's dress rehearsal.  I also don't know why we call it a rehearsal - we will have a full house.  Tickets were cheaper for this performance, since it is officially a rehearsal, but with 700 people in the house, it will hardly feel like it.  Maybe that's where I'll get the energy, from the audience.  Wish me luck.

I have tomorrow morning off, so I'll be back here again, giving my device another try at connecting to the network.  I don't have any singing to do tomorrow, thank god, just a Russian diction masterclass in the afternoon.  So I will sleep in, eat a good breakfast, and try to have a restful day.  I miss all of you so much.  Spending a day with you would most certainly get me back on track.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...