Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Phase I complete - with an oops!

My new website is up and running! Well, up, anyway. All the “running” stuff will be added later this week. I was too anxious to get the new look up there to wait until all the technical stuff was done. So check it out! Feedback is always appreciated. I’m pretty happy with it, especially considering that Erik and I did all ourselves, and neither of us is really a designer! We’re considering this my “intermediate” site that will serve me very well until I’m ready to pay somebody big bucks to design me a site like this or this. My previous site was designed for me by Erik’s aunt DeeAnn, and was a wonderful first step. She was so generous, and I am very grateful. Thank you, Dee! (Check out her other design and photo restoration work here.)

Phase II will include streaming MP3’s – a little Bach, a little Strauss, and of course, some Mozart – and photos, along with downloadable materials (bio’s and headshots for administrative stuff) in Word. Singers have recently started using their websites for this sort of thing. It’s so easy to direct an admin to your website for materials, rather than sending hard copies through the mail that must then be retyped. Same thing with headshots: it’s going to have to be scanned in order to be added to the brochure/website/program, so why not just deal with the digital image? A website can be useful, not just as a promotional tool, but as a means of simplifying communication. And who doesn’t appreciate that?

Thanks, as always, for looking and reading!

Edited: The "oops?" We forgot to move the images for this site, which were hosted on the old ACB.com site, over to the new one! Hence the ugly red X's at the top of the page. I'll see what I can do about that...

Edited again: I fixed it!! I can't believe I actually knew how to do that. I mean, two years ago phrases like WinSCP and he.net made absolutely NO SENSE to me. And now I can use them! So proud. I'm not about to leave opera for web development, though. Not even close.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...