Wednesday, March 22, 2006

a bit late, but...

This is a bit late to be of use to anyone, but I wanted to acknowledge an important event taking place at Alice Tully Hall tonight. Jocelyn Dueck, my dear friend and intrepid partner in crime, is performing as part of the ”Gala Celebration of the Fifth Anniversary of Premiere Commission, Inc.”, featuring the music of Philip Glass and his colleagues. She, along with baritone Jesse Blumberg (who will be with me at Santa Fe this summer), will be presenting the world premiere of a song cylce by Lisa Bielawa, entitled The Lay of Love and Death.

I am so proud of her and wish I could be there to throw roses! I’ve been a bit, um, consumed by my own affairs recently, and so I almost missed this chance to send her some love. She might even be onstage as I type this…

Love you, JD! Can’t wait to be on the stage with you.

**UPDATE 3/24: Here's a review!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...