Monday, March 13, 2006

Still here

Sorry for the silence; it’s been a crazy week. Really, really sick, with only enough energy to lie on the couch with my dog and think about all the music I have to learn this spring. Not look at it, mind you, just think about it. But I’m better now (mostly. better enough.), so no more excuses. Here’s what on the piano for the next few months:

• Songs by Sondheim, Weill, and Randy Newman for a series of Cabaret Nights with Black Box Opera Theater. Youkali, The Saga of Jenny, What More Do I Need, et al – a whole new arsenal for my next visit to the Duplex!!
Der Kaiser von Atlantis, BBOT’s May opera. Not technically on the piano yet, as I don’t have a score, but certainly “on the piano.”
The Opera of Operas, or Tom Thumb the Great, in which I’ll be singing the title role with the Northwest Puppet Center. This is going to be a blast!
Cendrillon - I’ll be singing Noemie, one of the stepsisters, in this luscious Cinderella story at Santa Fe this summer. Which leads to…
• … Carmen and Die Zauberflöte – chorus assignments for SFO. Fun shows, both, especially if I get to wear a flouncy blouse and do some gypsy dancing!
Rosenkavalier , Werther , and Abduction – this spring’s “roles to learn with no jobs assigned to them.”
• Various and sundry art song books, as I am still trying to put together this recital for sometime in 2007. Stay tuned for more details.

I think that’s it, for now. Next season is already full of potential gigs, most of which involve music I have sung before. Concerts, mostly, at this point, but we’re still working on a few opera gigs. Sorry, still can’t say anything more about the Met! Trust me, I’m dying to shout it from the hills, but until there’s a contract in hand, better to keep a lid on it.

All that said, who can study music when this is outside:


Happy Spring, everybody!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you'll love singing Der Kaiser. It's suited beautifully for your voice, and it's a brilliant commentary...uh...opera. :)

Judd said...

And leave a spot on the piano for something new....

ACB said...

Of course, but of course, Judd! I have not forgotten... I need to call you, or at least email. Today! I'll do it today...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...