Saturday, January 13, 2007

Crossing Over

Two sports related opera moments from the past few days:

Out with friends, I overheard a tenor talking about “the Mets,” something about “the Mets next weekend.” Of course it’s not even close to baseball season, but I turned around and said, a bit disbelievingly (and excitedly), “Oh, are you a baseball fan?” He and the baritone he was talking to looked at me incredulously and said, “Not those Mets – the Met Council Auditions! As in, the place you’re working? Those Mets!”

Oh. Yeah, right. Those Mets…

Then today, watching Indianopolis miraculously triumph over Baltimore (sorry, Ariadne!), every time I would see “S. McNair” on some statistics blurb, I’d think, “What’s Sylvia doing here?”

Oh, I just crack myself up sometimes! A dork in so many ways...

I promise that I have also been studying and working on updating my bios. More on that tomorrow. After the Seattle-Chicago game…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...