Sunday, January 28, 2007

A little aesthetic blog maintenance

I spent some time this morning changing my blog template over to the new Blogger Beta setup. I mostly did it to tidy up my Archives list; having 32 months worth of archived posts was making for a very long and unsightly list! I love this new drop-down menu (see the bottom of the sidebar to the left); much cleaner.

But, of course, I couldn’t stop there! I put in my Blogroll and went back through all my archives and pulled out my favorite posts. Talk about a walk down memory lane… I also added a little color, but couldn’t bring myself to change the major design of the template. It’s been like this for three years, and, well, I like it. So, you’re stuck with it for now!

I’m trying to go back through old posts and get labels put on all of them, specifically the subjects I think people might actually care to read about, like Met and technique. Any other labels you’d care to have archived?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the updates a lot, especially the Favorite Posts! At some point, could you outline all seven of Mr. Oswalds exercises and how you incorporate them into your lessons and your practicing?

Also - along the lines of "blog aesthetics" - it might be helpful if you had a list of all the labels (Met, technique,rehearsals, study, etc) somewhere on the left as an option of navigation other than dates.

Other than that - your blog is inspiring in so many ways. Please keep it up!

Anonymous said...

You should definitely include a fashion label, to organize all of the blogs you'll write about your shopping trips. You keep promising pictures and details...
I hate to shop and here I get to shop through you and not spend a single dime! :)

ACB said...

The list of labels was easy! They have it as part of the template and I didn't even see it. There's a fashion label, I think, but not all of my posts are labeled yet.

I've been meaning to do a post on what I'm listening to these days; I'll do it in conjunction with a "what I'm wearing" post!

As to Mark's exercises, I'm not sure I can spell them all out here, but I'll do a post soon about my practicing that should answer some questions.

southern gal said...

just a note - there are about 10 older posts showing up in the current feed list but I have seen this with practically everyone who switched over to the new blogger.

Sarah said...

I would like the labels sex, drugs and rock'n'roll, please.

Anonymous said...

I like the sidebar maintenance... though the tags are a bit messy, in such a long list. Maybe you should have a "top 10 tags" or something, with a link to the full list?

I like the "favorite posts" a lot though. Good idea. Pardon my plagiarism... :)

ACB said...

Campbell, I had the same thought about the mess o'labels, but didn't think about it long enough to come up with a solution - so thanks! And steal away, by all means.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...