Friday, August 04, 2006

Tomorrow and tomorrow…

So, tomorrow’s the big audition. (“It’s the day of the show, y’all.”) And tonight was the fourth Cendrillon performance. And I’m singing on a recording this weekend (more on that soon). And yet somehow in the past three days, I developed tonsillitis!

It’s the strangest infection I’ve ever gotten, as I have no other symptoms besides big, Technicolor tonsils. No fever, no body aches, and, most thankfully, no affect on my voice. I saw a doctor yesterday and we mounted a major attack: antibiotics, acupuncture, some yin qiao powder to be drunk in a tea, zinc lozenges, Airborne, lots of water, etc..

I sang a good show tonight, and I feel confident that I will sing well tomorrow. It’s been very strange, this sickness. Just enough to keep me on my toes, I guess, keep me focused. Tomorrow will be fun: I have new shoes! I bought some lovely plum-colored slingbacks with a small heel to wear with my perfect brown dress. It’s a new audition outfit, but it has all the essential elements – simplicity, perfect fit, easy to sing in – and none of the detractors – busy prints, distracting jewelry, sloppy tailoring. It’s not black, which is nice, and the purple shoes will add just a bit of whimsy!

Also tomorrow, dinner and dishing with Charles from Ionarts. I think I’m meeting Mrs. Ionarts, too; hope she isn’t bored by shop talk!

Off to bed! A full report tomorrow.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

WELL,
Would you believe I bought purple shoes yesterday to add my own bit of fanfare to an otherwise monochromatic outfit?! That's crazy.

Yep. You know what they say about great minds...and shoe hounds
...actually, I don't think anybody really says anything about shoe hounds, but nevertheless...

Can't wait to hear about auditions.

Love love!

P.S. Isabella started Kindergarten yesterday. Sigh. Email me!

Jessica said...

When I posted the last comment I realized my blogger name still shows up as "the management" (long, uninteresting story), and it looks like I'm calling you by the name of "WELL".

Actually, this is from JESSI and intended for ACB. However, upon further reflection I may start assuming the name "the management" in my everday life. Then perhaps I could spend half the time convincing people I know what I'm talking about. Think about it..."Hmmm. You know, I think she's right. After all, she IS 'the management'."

Yeah, I like it. We'll give it a shot. I think you should stick with Anne-Carolyn, though. "Well Bird" sounds like some odd flying creature, like a chimney sweep or dirt dobber.

Melissa said...

toi toi toi! :)

ACB said...

Jess! You have got to blog more - I absolutely LOVE the way you write!! I love that we are bound together through our shopping habits... =]

Let's talk soon.

Oh, and I think "The Management" is a perfect name for you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Break a leg my dear and gargle some hydrogen peroxide for those stupid tonsils!! You KNOW I can relate to that. Going on a year now with no major tonsillitis breakouts- *crosses fingers, toes and any other appendage she can*

Have fun tomorrow and just be the goddess you are.

S

Anonymous said...

Just remember Ron Albertson's sage words of stage wisdom:

"If there's an empty space, just fill it with a line, that's what I like to do. Even if it's from another show."

southern gal said...

Toi Toi
Sending good vibes your way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...