Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Day

Up before the sun again, this time to pack up and leave this TH behind. I will miss my little blue room, the coffee ritual that emerged here, the lake and its ice-fishermen, the cozy couch by the fireplace, and my lovely hostess NP.

Two performances of Le Nozze di Figaro, back to back. I made it!! I had an absolute ball, learned so much, and am so grateful. I will miss my cast and our special moments on and off stage... Here is a review from the local paper; thanks to Sid, Patti, and BD for sending it along. You can be sure I will write more about the “uncooperative veil!” What he doesn’t mention is that it happened twice, and that the second instance came about because I took a banana-peel-style slip and the darn thing just flew off! Details to follow…

For now, I’m packing up my car and headed back over to Ann Arbor to record with Nick! It’s so fun to go into a rather daunting job knowing that I will have a friend there to lean on! And to hug! Other folks are involved, too, of course, including some folk singer folks. I feel bad that I haven’t talked about this project much here; hopefully I’ll get a few words down in the next couple of days.

Thanks for all your sweet words and thoughts and wishes. More soon; stay tuned!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...