Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quotes

I got this in an email yesterday, from IB, the lovely and talented wife of LZ. She said I could post it as a comment on the "Check check" post, but I thought I'd give it a spot on the front page.

She writes: "It must be true what you said about musicianship is what really counts. When I first encountered you in [Golijov's St. Mark] Passion, I was first blown away by your performance. The reason I wound up talking to you was because I also loved your dress (and I was in the market for white dresses at the time ;). And only then I discovered your ubiquitous online persona, which I follow to this day. So at least for me it was definitely what you would call the ideal marketing trajectory - first voice, dress second, and reading your blog when I have the time."

On a day like yesterday, hearing this was so nice! I thought a bit of real-world, unsolicited input would help drive home my earlier points.

Another quote, this one from my Gmail Web Clip Quote of the Day:
"You create your opportunities by asking for them." -Shakti Gawain.

Don't know who that is, but I agree!! And that's what I'm working on now, with Bhakti, with auditions, with my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...