Monday, October 15, 2007

Where are you from?

I hate this question. I know I've talked about it here before, but it’s a tough one for me. Growing up in the military and the daughter of two military brats, I don’t have a “hometown” in the usual sense. And yet, I often have to come up with an answer, as organizations love to have the information for programs or donor info or their records. In the past couple of years I’ve listed NYC; Athens, GA; and Boulder, CO, as “hometown,” since they all are, in a way. The website for the 5 Boroughs Music Festival lists my hometown as “Everyville, USA.” I love that one…

But I had a revelation last week: When one follows sports teams from a certain city, when one cares so much about seeing said teams that she goes across the street and hangs out at the sports bar alone on a Saturday or Monday… does this mean one is “from” that city? Hmmm. Maybe I’m from Colorado after all!

GO ROCKIES!!!!!

Get out your brooms, ya’ll.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...