Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ok, now we're getting somewhere!

I've been working on this thing for weeks, trying to create a style and format that I like. I think I've finally found it... Now all I need is a Links section (maybe a Cast List?), and I'll be satisfied.

I wanted my journal to include a quote from Edna St. Vincent Millay's poem "The Concert." (Hence all the formatting issues. You can read the whole poem here: The Concert) I read this poem a few years ago and have loved it ever since. I understand the speaker's desire to experience something alone - in this case a concert - and then to come home and share it with someone. In the same way that teaching someone is a great way to learn, recounting an experience is a way to make it more real, more permanent in your memory. That is what I hope to achieve here, on my journal. You, the reader (my friend? family? both? neither?), will be my sounding board, my memory keeper. Even though you are not here with me, we can someday say, "Remember that day at Tanglewood? The day you found god in a tree?" (That was last summer, but I'm hoping he's still there...)

So read on. Enjoy the fantastic and the quotidian, the musical and the physical. I know I will.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...