Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rats

No finals for me. Ah well. I know by now that not making the finals is not the end of the world, nor is it really "losing." Today I sang for ten new people, and there is no telling what that could lead to someday. My oldest and dearest "opera friend" made the finals, though! So tomorrow I will be there to cheer her on.

The finals concert is at 3pm tomorrow at the Jewish Theological Society, across from Manhattan School of Music. Tickets are $20 at the door, $5 for students with ID. There will be some great singing, so if you feel like braving the rain, come on out.

And now I can have a martini!

4 comments:

CMT said...

nuts! hope the martini was good!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the great work you did. Nothing is better than leaving an audition having "made music" (as opposed to "just surviving").

Silly question, though. Why just one martini?

Hojoto

rb said...

(hug)

what kind of martini was it?

ACB said...

Well, the martini had to wait until the next night, as I was completely wiped out! When it did find its way to me, it was a perfect Bombay Sapphire martini with three olives. In truth, it was two... and then three cosmopolitans! Aayyy! A great night. I'm hopiing to get a full recap posted today.

Thanks for asking! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...