Monday, October 17, 2005

Superfantastic!

The Manolo has announced the winners of his Super Fantastic (one word or two?) Essay Contest, and the Second Prize winner is a colleague of mine from grad school! Alicia DiDonato is an extraordinary flutist, prized by many young composers for her virtuosic skill and hotness in leather pants. We performed a Bach cantata together (no leather at the baroque concerts; that’s just for contemporary music, don’t you know!), and I really enjoyed working with her. I seem to recall that we had other shared interests (folks music, maybe), but the insanity of grad school never allowed us to really hang out. I’ll have to look her up next time I’m in Boston!

Full winners list and superfantastic prizes here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If nothing else, the web has managed to keep people who would otherwise have fallen completely out of touch with each other at least marginally connected. Praise him, little baby Jesus layin' in the manger for the World Wide Web.

(P.S., Thanks for your lovely words. You are so kind.)

Melissa said...

Tee, hee... you've been tagged!

Alicia said...

Oh my gosh Anne Carolyn!!! Thanks for mentioning me here, and I'm so glad I found your blog!!! Do you read Manolo's blog a lot??!!?!? How are you?
Love, Alicia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...